- ‘Meet & Greet’ & drop-off shipside* at Phu My port.
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. We always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
This can be a half day or full day excursion as Vũng Tàu is just 60 minutes from Phu My port and about 2hrs from Saigon itself. It is a great excursion on the 2nd day of an overnight stopover, returning shipside before 3pm.
“To summarise – a great company, great tour guide, great locations and the best day we had on our holiday where we visited several ports in 14 days. Highly, highly recommended and very good to deal with – book with confidence….thanks to all involved”– Client TripAdvisor Review
Vũng Tàu has an amazing history, playing an active part in both the French colonisation period and our more recent conflict during the 1960s & 1970s (Long Tân is close by and its still home to a small ANZAC expat community). Today its a modern seaside resort for our Vietnamese middle-class from Saigon, and an important seafood centre (great for your lunch!).
Time & traffic permitting, your itinerary will include:
- A shipside pick-up at Phu My port for our short drive to Vũng Tàu through rural South Vietnam
- Visiting the French designed lighthouse, for coffee and an amazing city view (1st built-in 1907, the lighthouse is still working to keep shipping safe). From here you can see the amazing 100 ft tall concrete statue of Jesus gazing across the East Sea, said to be the tallest religious statue in South Vietnam – we can visit the statue of Christ, but please remember there are 811 steps to its base plus 122 inside to the viewing platform on its arm!
- Visiting the ‘White Palace,’ built in 1898 for the French Governor (Paul Doumer, who later became French President)
- Checking out the important local fishing village before lunch
- Checking out the 3 beaches of Vũng Tàu, there are wonderful seafood restaurants beachside or interestingly, on a raft nearby!
- Visiting the 20th century Long Son house. Established by Le Van Muu, a follower of the Tu An Hieu Nghia faith (unique to the southern regions of Vietnam) the architecture of Long Son is an impressive example of the mixture between local traditional religion and Nho and Lao religions
- Discovering local oyster farms as we drive back to port, in plenty of time for your onward journey.
- ‘Meet & Greet’ & drop-off shipside* at Phu My port
- a full 8 hour private guided tour in English
- all entry fees
- cold, bottled mineral water
- moist towelettes
- use of a modern air conditioned vehicle & my professional driver
- any meals & drinks etc taken during the tour (bottled water is free of charge)
How to book a tour:
- Press ‘BOOK NOW’ & complete Contact Form.
- Send to Xuan Tu Private Tours. Xuan Tu will personally check availability and return proposal and cost.
- Is the Proposal/Cost acceptable? Simply let Xuan Tu know and your booking is confirmed